On the run and bubbles

Eliel has almost been walking for a week now and just like we predicted, he doesn't just walk, he runs!  This is the view of him I usually see...




I tried to get a picture of him walking towards me but he's too fast.  It's also why the pictures are somewhat blurry....

He also loves to hold things while he walks which usually throws him off balance.  Of course he won't hold small things but loves to hold his ukulele or one of his buckets.  This makes for some rough falls unfortunately.  I much prefer when he holds his stuffed animals and walks as they provide a pillow when he falls head first.

Eliel has also discovered bubbles.  Until now, he took a bath in plain old water but this week we added some bubbles to the bath.  He was a bit unsure at first.  He also doesn't like that he can't find his toy cup as easily since he can't see the bottom of the tub.  It might be time for some new toys!



















 I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but Eliel loves to imitate Nugget when he barks.  It kind of sounds like a 'boof'.  I don't think we can consider it his first word but I'm sure Nugget is pleased to know he has had such an impression on Eliel.  In the last few days, Eliel has also started making 'vroom' sounds when he plays with his cars and trucks.  I'm sure Papa will  be very excited to hear that!  He also loves to play with his toy cars that GG (great-grandma) got him, espcially the one that looks like Aunie Cat's bug! I'll try and get a video of his sounds later today if I can get him to hold still long enough!


Comments