Summer Fun

You know it's been a good summer when your feet have tanned through your sandals.  Aldo's little feet always look dirty but they're really just that tan! Ha!

This past week I took the boys to our park district lake which I had been wanting to do all summer but never got around to. Probably because I HATE sand.  I know little boys love playing with it but it seriously gets everywhere and never goes away!  We have a small rubbermaid container filled with sand but that's about all I let them do.  We were even offered a free sand box and I refused because I just couldn't deal with that much sand all of the time.  But I bit the bullet, packed up all their things and went to the lake for the morning.  We were pretty much the only ones there except for a sail boating class and the old retired men who race r/c boats.  Other than that they boys had the sand and sand playground to themselves.  Aldo at first was not happy about the sand in his feet either.  It took him awhile to walk down to the water's edge.  Eliel loves playing in the sand and got right down to using his trucks.  Once Aldo warmed up to the whole situation, he was loving it.  



The boys spent lots of time digging and bulldozing.  They had so much fun.




And just as they were getting bored, Aldo realized that beach was connected to the lake.  His face was absolutely precious when he realized he could go in the water and splash his feet.  Then came the realization that they could pour sand into the water.  It was great to watch!  Perhaps we'll head back to the beach again while the weather stays warm but we'll have to see if I can stomach the sand mess again!



Comments