1st Doctor's Visit


Well it's officially official!  We're pregnant!  8 weeks and 4 days along according to the ultrasound.  We went into the doctor and it was a whirlwind of an hour.  We met with four different people who each gave (or took something) to give us more information about our pregnancy.
The first was an ultrasound which was very exciting.  I couldn't help but cry when she told me we had a health 8 week old embryo.  Adam's eyes were wide with amazement as he watched the screen.  Then, we went to give a family history.  It's hard to think so fast when they are firing questions as you one after another.  It's also a littler nerve-wracking when you tell them about a family medical problem, they write it down and then say nothing more about it.  Is it a good thing or a bad thing lady?   You must be asking us these questions because they make a difference.  Argh!
After that came my favorite part..... the blood test.  It's not that I am afraid of the tests, you can't even feel the needle in your arm.  It's the idea that they are taking two vials of blood that freaks my out!  Yuck!  Adam luckily held my hand (on the arm they weren't drawing blood from of course) and I'm pretty sure I gave him quite a squeeze.  When she was done, I was sweating bullets.  I must have looked pretty bad too because she insisted I lie down and went to fetch me a glass of water.  I didn't actually pass out but I did see two Adams standing in front of me for a few seconds. :)  Next time, I'll make sure to bring some fruit juice or something.  I'm hoping that by the end of this pregnancy, I will be less queasy about all of this stuff.  (Fingers crossed really tight!)  From what it seems like, they will be drawing my blood once a month for the next few months.  Great.
Finally, we met with the doctor.  I love her!  I think Adam liked her too.  I really hope she is the one on call when I deliver.  She began by asking if we had any questions before she gave us more information which I thought was really nice.  Being the teacher I am I had a list of questions for her already.  She took her time and answered each one completely.  It really put my mind at ease.  After more questions, history and tests, it was finally time to go.
But I didn't tell you the most important information though, did I? Our due date:

February 27th, 2013


~Janelle


Our Little Bean


 

Comments