12 Weeks and another sonogram

Today we had our second doctor's appointment.  It was a little nerve-wracking as they were testing for some chromosomal abnormalities.   After the initial sonogram, the sonographer said that everything looked good for the baby from her perspective but of course we still have to wait for the blood test to come back.

Good news about the blood test though was that it was only a finger prick instead of the entire blood draw.  I thought I was fine with it but apparently I still turned green because the nurse made me lie down until the doctor came in.  I guess it didn't help that they had to prick me twice because they were having trouble getting any blood to come out of my fingertips.  Apparently, cold hands are bad for circulation. :)  She was literally milking my finger for the five drops of blood she needed.   Sheesh!

A little bit of bad news is that I have a condition called previa.  It's no harm to the baby but basically what it means is that the placenta has implanted too far down in my uterus.  This can cause bleeding later on in the pregnancy but for now, my doctor said I don't need to change anything I'm doing.  I think I will try and take it a little more easy though.  Since I have been feeling so good, I haven't changed my level of activity at all.  Methinks it might be time for a change! :)

Since everything appears fine with the baby, we're moving ahead with telling people.  I told my principal today and he was really excited for me.  Not sure how to tell the rest of the people at school but I guess I have a few days to figure it out.  Today is officially my last day of summer though! :(

12 weeks

Here's a picture of the latest picture of our lime (its current size).

Comments

  1. The test that they ran on Janelle came back yesterday with no evidence of abnormalities. Hooray we have a healthy normal baby!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment