32 weeks & diapering

Less than 60 days and counting!  So much to do and so little time.  I know I will get it all done (and should considering I had two weeks off of work) but it seems like there are so many things I can't do until the very end anyway.  As put together as the nursery is, we still need a lot of stuff and can't put together a lot of things until we get that stuff.

For those of you that don't know, Adam and I are planning on cloth diapering the baby.  This means that we have to stock up beforehand on covers and flats.  It's quite overwhelming as there are SO many different kinds to choose from.  Adam and I have decided on Flip diapers which can be used with ordinary flat diapers, prefolded diapers or inserts made by Flip.  They also have a disposable insert you can buy which is biodegradable and flushable (technically) although we won't be putting it in our toilet! :P  This will come in handy on vacations, long trips away from the house and with babysitters.  Plus, the covers are one size, adjustable from 7lbs. to 35 lbs. so once we buy a set, we're all set!  I know some of you probably think we're crazy but I assure you there are many, many, reasons why we chose to cloth diaper instead of using disposables.  :)

After two weeks off for winter vacation I go back to work on Monday.  I had a feeling this might be hard and I am still betting on it being so.  While being home, I have gotten used to taking my time doing things, resting when necessary and having the luxury of wearing comfy sweatpants most days.  That will all change on Monday.  I'm going to do my best to take it easy at work but I have to get the kids ready for state testing the first week in March so there's a lot of pressure to get certain things accomplished.  Plus, I need to start planning for the sub who will take over while I'm gone and get report cards done before I leave since the kids will receive them the second week in March.  Good thing I can do those while lying on the couch with my laptop!

Finally, here is my 32 week picture.  Baby is sure getting big and my wardrobe has shrunk considerably.  Hopefully my principal will not have a problem with me wearing jeans more than once a week as that accounts for half the amount of pants I have that fit!  Oh well.


Wishing you all a happy, healthy and prosperous 2013!

Comments

  1. Thanks Janelle, for always keeping us informed. You and the baby have been developing more joy and happiness in the family, than you'll ever know. Best wishes on your health, comfort and upcoming work obligations. Love, grampa T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment