34 weeks and overwhelmed by kindness

In the last two weeks Adam and I have been blessed to have two baby showers.  One was thrown by my mom and my sister and the other was thrown by Adam's mom and his sister.  Both were beyond generous and have basically left us with not wanting or needing anything for this little one!  It's hard not to feel guilty or like you owe everyone something when everyone is showering you with gifts for doing something you wanted to do anyway.  This little baby is so loved already it's incredible!
With all the new baby stuff appearing in our house, it's hard not to get incredibly excited.  Only 6 more weeks to go and I know it's going to fast! (Or at least I hope so!)  There is still so much to do but in all honesty, if the baby came tomorrow, we'd have everything we'd need for at least a week or so.
Our house has truly become a baby zone and no one is more confused than Nugget.  He sniffs everything and wants to play with all the baby toys and actually gets a sad look on his face when we take the baby toys away from him.  It's going to be a hard adjustment for him since he won't understand what's going on until the little one invades his space, but I know he's going to be a great 'big brother'. 
Not sure if I mentioned this yet (and if I did, sorry for repeating) but as soon as Adam and I can get the nursery set and everything put away, we plan on taking you all on a tour of it.  Adam bought me a new video camera for Christmas and we're going to try it out.  I'm hoping that will be next weekend.
Also, we think we're going to start taking weekly pictures of my belly because this so called little one is growing by leaps and bounds.  We'll try it one week and see how it goes.
Thanks to all of you who were a part of our showers these past few weeks.  We are truly grateful for all the time, effort, care (and money!) you have invested in us.  We can only hope to pay you back with kindness and a beautiful, healthy baby!


Comments