3 months old

Eliel turned 3 months old on Tuesday. He was very happy about this!
Eliel- 3 months

At his 3 month doctor appointment, he weighed 13 pounds, 3 ounces.  He is only in the 27th percentile believe it or not!  Otherwise, he is a happy, healthy little boy.  He's working on holding his head up on his own and is doing very well with it.  When we sit him up in his 'chair' he can stay there for about five minutes before he gets too tired and can't hold his head up anymore.

Last weekend, he also went to his Auntie Katie's wedding!  He had a special suit just for the occasion complete with purple shirt of course!  We don't have a ton of pictures from that day but when we do, I will definitely post them!

Tomorrow is going to be a very hard day for me.  After staying home thirteen weeks with my little guy, I am going back to work for seven school days.  It may not sound like a lot, but it will be difficult nonetheless.  Thankfully, Eliel will not be going to daycare but will be taken care of at home by either Daddy, both Grandmas or Auntie Katie.  I know he'll be in excellent hands!
As for next year, Adam and I have decided that I will be taking a year leave of absence from my job.  It was slightly difficult to let my principal know this but as soon as I came home and saw my little guy again, I knew the decision was the right one!  I am so blessed to have this opportunity to take care of Eliel.  I know he will be a better guy because of it!

Finally, here is a quick little video of Eliel trying to laugh.  He hasn't quite figured it out yet but he's getting there!

Eliel tries to laugh


Comments