Mother's Day

Today I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a mother.  Words can't begin to describe what it truly feels like to be a mother.  I know everyone says that you can't describe it, you just have to experience it, and they are right!  I never knew I could love anyone as much as I love this little guy.  I would do absolutely anything for him.  I am truly blessed to have him as part of my life.

Mother's Day 2013

Speaking of blessed, we spent the day at Adam's parents' house with my parents and both of our sisters.  How lucky are we?!?  Not only do we have all of these people close enough to see every week or two but they all get along so well that we can spend the day all together without splitting our time between two families. 



Earlier this week I also celebrated my 30th birthday.  Wow.  I'm thirty.  Guess there's no excuse not to act like an adult now, is there? :)  A stay at home, thirty year old mom with a three month old.... yeah I'm an adult.



Finally, for those of you who aren't Star Wars fans (which is most of you!) we also celebrated May the 4 recently, as in May the Fourth Be With You! :P  Yeah we're total dorks at our house.  We went to the library where they were having special Star Wars activities for kids.  Too bad Eliel wasn't old enough or him and Daddy would have been there all afternoon.  Oh well, Eliel chilled out with his Yoda stuffed animal from Aunt Katie instead.....
May the 4th be with you!

Comments