4 months old

Sorry it has been so long since I've posted.  I went back to work for two weeks and I feel like I am still recovering from the madness!  How do people go to work, take care of the kids, clean the house and find time to actually sleep?  AMAZING I tell you! I'm just thankful I won't have to do that again for awhile.  The first newest development in life with Eliel is that he has learned to sit up (with assistance of course!).  This picture cracks me up because he looks like he's been sitting there his whole life.  He's just chillin' :) 




We also recently celebrated Adam's first Father's Day.  Eliel got him an awesome shirt with Darth Vader on it that said '#1 Dad'.  When we saw it at the store, we knew we had to buy it for Daddy.  Eliel also got him a 'Darth Vader and Son' comic book.  Daddy read it right away and was laughing all morning.  I hope Eliel and I helped Adam enjoy his first father's day as a dad.  My one regret of the day is that I did not get a picture of Eliel with Daddy, Grandpa, Papa and Uncle Brian.  We were so lucky to be all together on Father's Day, I can't believe I forgot to document it with a picture!  It's so unlike me. (I've only taken 853 pictures since Eliel was born...)


Another new development with Eliel is the loss of his hair! :(  All of a sudden we started finding it everywhere, in his crib, in his bouncy chair, everywhere but on his head!  It has pretty much all fallen out but luckily a new crop is filling in.  It's lighter than what was previously on his head but it's not completely blonde...yet.  Adam and I both had much lighter hair when we were babies and toddlers so it's fairly likely Eliel will have light hair for awhile.  We just hope his hair grows back soon because he was so cute with it!  Eliel has also learned how to roll.  He can roll from his back to his tummy very easily and once in a while he can roll from his tummy to his back.  Every time we put him down to sleep on his back, he wakes up on his tummy.  Guess he's trying to tell us something! ;)

This past week Adam, Eliel and I trekked downtown to go to the Shedd Aquarium.  It was free for Illinois residents and Adam couldn't resist the chance to take his little boy down to see some fishies.  At first, Eliel wasn't too impressed.  But when we finally saw some big, colorful fish, his eyes got real big and he was mesmerized.  I love watching him experience new things.  He's such an inquisitive baby, always trying to figure out the world. 



And finally, Eliel turned 4 months old this past Friday.  He's getting so big!  At his four month appointment he weighed 14 pounds, 7.5 ounces.  He's growing perfectly!  He's such a cutie!  Can't believe he's ours!

Comments