1 year stats

Wow! I'm 1 year old!
Well, we've broken into the 25th percentile for weight!  Eliel is still under twenty pounds at 19 pounds, 11 ounces, but at least he's growing well.  He is also apparently very tall for his age at 30 1/4 inches which puts him a the 65th percentile.  I'm not sure how he grew two inches in two months considering none of his clothes have gotten short on him though.  Perhaps it's a measuring error?  It's a very precise method of using a rigid tape measure and holding Eliel still....

Eliel has learned to do so much in the past month, I feel like it would take me hours to tell you all about it.  So, I'll just tell you some of the highlights:

Eliel is a walker!  According to the pediatrician, he did that quite early, especially since he only starting crawling at nine months.  He walks very fast now and occasionally breaks out into a run.  He had learned how to kick and throw balls and gets a kick out of doing so.  He also has a few push toys that he enjoys maneuvering around the house.  Luckily, the walls have been spared... for now.


Eliel has recently become a VERY picky eater and has actually decided that he might want to be a vegetarian.  We can't get him to eat meat no matter how much I try and hide it in other foods.  I wouldn't mind except that cucumbers just don't keep this kid full for very long.  Our only saving grace is that he likes to eat dairy which has fat and protein in it and keeps him fuller longer.   He has gotten permission from the doctor to eat nuts so hopefully some almond or peanut butter will help him fill up a little too.  His current favorite foods are: anything green such as peas, beans, honeydew melon, avocados and cucumber.  Blackberries, blueberries, pears, apples, peaches, pineapples (do you see a theme yet?) beets, cottage cheese, yogurt and sweet potatoes.  I've done a lot of reading about toddler eating and apparently there's no use in fighting a picky eater.  So, we're going to try and offer him lots of new and healthy foods and as long as he keeps growing, it's fine with me.  My next trick is to start giving him things directly off of my plate.  I'm hoping that might make whatever I'm eating more exciting and enticing to him too!  We now have three teeth as the upper right one broke through the day before his birthday and he is currently working on two more.  This had caused a lot of early morning wakings unfortunately and a slightly crabby baby.
I'm a happy guy!

Eliel has also learned to play which is fun to watch.  He tries to build things with Legos and blocks and hands things to me when he can't do it.  He also likes to play with his cars and make them go 'vroom vroom' all around his room.  Eliel also LOVES books.  He will sit with his basket of books and look at them for minutes at a time(wonder who he got that from!).  Eliel's favorite activity though is to walk around the house.  He basically goes from one room to another to another.  Wouldn't you if you found out you could walk too?

Although we don't have any official words yet, we are close to many.  And surprise, surprise, they all start with 'B'.  He still 'barks' like Nugget but has taken a liking to saying the beginning sounds of words like book, ball, bath, bottle and blackberry.  The other day he made an attempt at the word milk and it was one of the first sounds we heard him say that wasn't 'ba'.  We all want him to talk and once he starts we'll all be covering our ears because I'm pretty sure this guy has a LOT to say! :)

It's my first birthday!
I can blow this up, just watch me.
Hi!

 Well I think I've covered Eliel for now but I'm sure I'm missing lots of things.  He's growing so fast and accomplishing so many things lately it's hard to keep up.  I'm a little sad that I don't have an infant anymore but I am so excited to see what my little toddler has in store for me this coming year!









Comments