Indoor Playplex

This past week I took Eliel to an indoor play place so he could burn off his energy.  Plus, to be honest, I'm starting to feel guilty about bringing the new baby home and cutting into Mommy and E time.  I'm a little sad that I won't get to hang out with my little man as much as I do now.  He's my buddy and unfortunately, three can be a crowd.  I know that everyone goes through this when they have a second (or third) but my hormones are out of control so forgive me for my little rant please.
Eliel has been my sidekick the last three years and the reason I do pretty much everything I do.  :)  It's going to be so weird to add another little human being in to the mix.  Of course I'm excited but I'm feeling a little melancholy about it too.  The mommy guilt is weighing heavily on my mind lately so I've been trying to do some fun stuff with just the two of us in between getting  ready for the baby.

 This playplex is at RexPlex, a local park district place.  It's for 2-4 year old kids so it was perfect for Eliel.  Everything was manageable and the other kids there weren't too babyish or too big for him to play near.  He had load of fun trying to climb the climbing wall, crawl through tunnels and walk on the balance beams (or bridges as he called them!)

 They also had a really cool 'house' in which the kids could climb up in and run around.  It had a 50 lb weight limit so Mommy couldn't even go in there which was good for Eliel to have to play a little independently with the other kids. 
The one thing I was surprised that he didn't like was the trampoline.  If you've seen Eliel lately then you know that he LOVES to jump up and down when he's excited so I figured a kid trampoline was right up his alley.  It was one with a handle bar across it meant for little kids so they don't fall off.  He wouldn't even stay on it long enough for me to get a picture! 
It was a great morning and Eliel said he has lots and lots of fun (his words, not mine!)  I'm 38 weeks pregnant (post coming soon!) so hopefully we'll get at least one more Mommy and E day together! 


Comments