Counting

The other day we're driving home and Eliel says to me: 'Mom, I can count by tens'.  Thinking he means he can count to ten I say 'okay let's hear it.'  He proceeds to start counting, by tens, all the way the five hundred when he says he tired of it.  I was completely blown away and asked him where he learned to do that.  He replied, very seriously, 'I just knew it.'  You can imagine my face!

So, later on, I decide that I need to get that on video before he gets bored of counting.  Let's face it, a few of the fourth graders I taught couldn't do what he did, especially without prompting!  As I turn on the camera, he tells me he can count a different way and blows me mind again..... You'll have to watch to figure out how.


This kid.  He truly amazes me each and every day with the knowledge he soaks up.  I swear I don't teach him explicitly, he truly just soaks it all in.  He is going to LOVE kindergarten!


Comments