March

I've been struggling with what to post for some time now.  I know I don't need to explain to everyone what is going on in the world around us because you're living it.  When I started this blog, I wanted it to be a sort of written history of our time as a family.  I feel like ignoring the situation that is unfolding before us would be a mistake.  We are living history and I hope to share how our little group lived through it.  So, I will do my best to share what we have been up to the last few weeks and from here on out, share how we are doing our best to get through this.

The past month has been an absolute whirlwind as I'm sure all of you have felt.  We had an amazing end of March planned with Adam playing with his band, a trip to New Orleans planned for spring break, and lots of other fun activities thrown throughout the end of the month. However, when things started cancelling, they started falling fast.  Luckily, even though the boys have not been in school for three weeks now, they are taking everything like champs.  We've had lots of tears and frustrations (the boys as well as me!) but I have a feeling that's due to the complete upheaval of our daily norms.

Science Experiment
Our first week home was an interesting one.  I tried my best to develop a schedule to keep everyone on so that we had a good balance of learning, fun and together time. It was good for the first few days but I think I started to put too much pressure on myself to do it all.  I've gotten much better at taking our days a bit slower and just letting some things happen organically.
Painting Shamrocks

Karate class from Sensei
Learning some origami online


Completing a scavenger hunt at the forest preserve
Nothing like hiking in the sun





Last weekend, we were all quiet stir crazy and decided to take a ride downtown.  The views from the car were absolutely incredible.  The boys loved being able to see all the buildings up close while getting a genuine architecture tour from our resident architect.

A once in a lifetime opportunity




















In the next post, I'll share some of the wonderful things the kids' teachers are doing to keep everyone connected!

I hope that everyone reading this is doing well and staying healthy both physically as well as emotionally.  We are missing so much right now but taking comfort in knowing that we are safe at home.  I hope you feel the same.
In the meantime, if anyone would like to video chat, call, play a game over Facetime or just connect with us, please reach out!  We'd love to hear from you in any way.  Much love to you all.  Hang in there.  We're all in this together.

Comments